Pages

Monday, June 11, 2018

Last Day of School




Last Day of School:  It is always so bitter sweet to say good-bye at the end of the school year.  You fall in love with your students and don't want them to go!  So... to soften the blow of losing all my lovely 3rd graders I end the school year with Minute to Win It! games.  I divide the class into 4 teams of 6.  Each team thinks of their own team name.  (Rainbows, Minecraft... you can only imagine the silly names...)  I have 7 games the kids go wild about.  The games use simple supplies that are readily available. (very needed at the end of the school year!)  I emailed a list to my room mom extraordinaire and she was able to rally the troops and get the supplies sent in.  So here are the 7 events I used:  Puzzling Breakfast, Blow Your Top, Cotton Nose,  Tweeze It, It's a Wrap, Noodle Up, Unicorn Horn & Oreo Slide.  Also, Reagan Tunstall from Texas has FREE directions to various Minute to Win it games on TPT.  Here is the LINK:  Minute to Win it Games FREE TPT  Check them out!  Each year I pick and choose different games and adapt them to the resources I have available.  Here are examples of three we played this year:

Puzzling Breakfast:  I took 4 cereal boxes - different kinds - cut the front panel off and used the paper cutter to cut it into 16 pieces.   Students raced to put the cereal box cover back together!  (PS I put the cards back in individual baggies and save them in my file for  the next year!)
Blow Your Top:  Students race to blow 3 cups using a straw across the desk and off the other side!  
Cotton Nose:  I place an empty bowl in front of each student along with 10 cotton balls on the floor next to the bowl.  Now comes the fun part.  I spread Vaseline on the tip of each competitors nose.  On my go, students have to use only their nose to move the cotton balls from the floor to the bowl.

Do what you love...Love what you do!



No comments:

Post a Comment