Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2018

Synonym Matching Game



Synonym Task Card Matching Game:  I love creating mini-centers for my students. This synonym matching game is a perfect center. It can be played in pairs, small groups or whole class. Run the synonym cards and answers back to back.  I made the font color of the answers light gray so you could run them on normal white paper and not see the answers through the paper.  You could also run them on cardstock.  

To Play:  Students spread out the cards on the floor or table.  They then match the synonym cards (paint can to paint splatter). The answers are on the back so students can self-check. 

The game is also differentiated. There are 3 colors of paint cans - red, blue and yellow. Students can start out by matching just one set of synonym colors (8 total) and work their way up to matching all 24 synonyms. I have also included a mini challenge quiz to check student understanding. 

I mount the title page on the front of a manila envelope and the directions on the back. I then cut and laminate the synonym word square cards and the manila envelope. It makes for neat, easy storage of the game.

Enjoy!

Do what you love... love what you do!

This Synonym Task Card Matching Game and Quiz is available at my TPT Store:  LINK




No comments:

Post a Comment