Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

ME Bag & Tag (First Week of School Activity)

ME Bag & Tag:  (First Week of School Activity)  I love to start the first week of school by sending home a "Me Bag" with each student.  I have a cute little poem I staple on the front of each bag.  I place a "Tag" inside the bag for each student to fill out.  The poem says:
I ask the students to place items in the bag that tell us something that makes them unique.  I give them examples:  a rock from your rock collection, a baseball, a trophy, favorite book...  Students can place one or two items in the bag.  I then ask them to fill out a tag that looks like this:
I found that by having a simple tag with sentence frames helped my students feel less nervous.  Most of the kiddos used the tag as a guide and then added in their own words.  Since it is the beginning of the school year I feel it is important to lower any anxiety.  Below is a picture of 4 of my students who were ready to share.  We start in a large circle on the floor and each shared our special item(s).  I made sure to have a bag ready too!  Love what you do... Do what you love!
You can get a FREE PDF copy of my Me Bag by clicking this TPT LINK!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment