Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2018

Room Find (First Day of School Activity)

Room Find (First Day of School Activity):  I always love to start my school year with a class room find.  I put together a list of 30 items that I would like my students (detectives) to find.  I pump it up and tell them that they are going to become "room detectives" and find all of the items listed, checking them off as they go.  I tell them they can only speak to me if they have a question or need help reading an item.  Students are given clipboards, a pencil, and a room find sheet.  I usually set a timer for 10-15 minutes and allow the students to explore their new classroom!  When time is up, we then work together to find all of the items on our room find list.  The activity really helps to bring us together as a classroom family!  You can find a FREE editable copy of my room find at my TPT site.   You can change it to find your classroom.   Enjoy!  Love what you do... Do what you love!
Students in action!

No comments:

Post a Comment