Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2018

Letter Writing Throughout the Year (Pen Pals)


Letter Writing:  I love having my students practice their Friendly Letter writing skills throughout the school year.  One of my good friends is a 3rd-grade teacher at a neighboring elementary school.  We have been pen pals for many moons.  We have our 3rd-grade classes write to each other all year.  The last week of school we have a pen pal picnic.  We alternate which class will walk to the other classes' school.  We then exchange letters for the last time and enjoy lunch and games together as our final hurrah!

The exciting thing is that even though the students go to different elementary schools, they could end up in the same middle school together!  How fun!

I designed friendly letter writing paper for the students to use throughout the year.  I designed a couple of generic papers and some that match with the season/holiday for that month.  You can download the friendly letter-forms FREE here:  FREE at my TPT Store

Do what you love... Love what you do!

Pen Pal Picnic - Final Letter Exchange



Walking to meet our pen pals!



No comments:

Post a Comment