Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2018

Antonym Matching Game


Antonym Task Card Matching Game:  I love creating mini-centers for my students. This antonym matching game is a perfect center. It can be played individually,  in small groups or whole class. Run the antonym cards and answers back to back.  I made the font color of the answers light gray so you can run them on normal white paper and not see the answers through the paper.  You can also run them on cardstock.  

To Play:  Students spread out the cards on the floor or table.  They then match the antonym cards (cats to dogs). The answers are on the back so students can self-check. 

The game is also differentiated. There are 3 colors of fonts: red, blue and yellow. Students can start out by matching just one set of antonym colors (8 total) and work their way up to matching all 24 antonyms. I have also included a mini challenge quiz to check student understanding. 

I mount the title page on the front of a manila envelope and the directions on the back. I then cut and laminate the synonym word square cards and the manila envelope. It makes for neat, easy storage of the game.  I have two sizes of covers and directions so you can choose a large or small manila envelope to store the game.

You can view the entire Antonym Task Card Game at my TPT store:  LINK
Enjoy!


Do what you love... Love what you do!

Kim



No comments:

Post a Comment