Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Hip! Hip! Hooray! Johnny Appleseed Day!

Apple Day - Taste Test - Johnny Appleseed Day: Nothing says FALL like Johnny Appleseed. I love having an Apple Day in my classroom around September 26th - Johnny Appleseed Day! I have created a letter home asking for supplies and apples, an apple taste test chart, an apple taste test graph, 2 note taking options for taking notes on Johnny Appleseed and a writing paper.   All are available at my TPT store:  LINK We make applesauce in class along with enjoying hot apple cider. We have an apple taste test and read and learn about Johnny Appleseed. I have given some links to resources that I love using. One is from www.readinga-z.com and the other is www.jr.brainpop.com. Reading A-Z has a Level O storybook on Johnny Appleseed.  Brainpop Jr. has a great Johnny Appleseed video that is normally FREE during the month of September.  I have my students take notes on Johnny Appleseed while watching the video or reading the storybook.  Once we are done with our taste test and applesauce making, I have the students write an informational writing about Johnny Appleseed using their notes.  Add some apple artwork and you have a super cute bulletin board!

Photos of applesauce making, apple taste test & note home requesting supplies: 



No comments:

Post a Comment